Thursday, April 18, 2013

Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested (vid)


Active Duty Soldier Illegally Disarmed and Arrested (vid)
Posted By: NotRob
Date: Wednesday, 17-Apr-2013 21:28:44
On March 16, 2013, my son and I were hiking along country roads among pastures and fields with my 15-year old son to help him earn his hiking merit badge. I always enjoy these father/son hikes because it gives me time alone with my son. As I always do when we go on these hikes and walks, I took my trusty rifle with me as there are coyotes, wild hogs, and cougars in our area. In Texas, it is legal to openly carry a rifle or shotgun as long as you do so in a manner that isn't calculated to cause alarm. In other words, you can't walk around waving your rifle at people. I always carry my rifle slung across my chest dangling, not holding it in my hands.
At about the 5 mile mark of our hike, a voice behind us asked us to stop and the officer motioned for us to approach him. He got out of his car and met us a few feet later. He asked us what we were doing and I explained that we were hiking for my son's merit badge. He then asked me what I'm doing with the rifle, to which I responded in a calm manner, "Does it matter, officer? Am I breaking the law?"
At that point, the officer grabbed my rifle without warning or indication. He didn't ask for my rifle and he didn't suggest he would take it from me. He simply grabbed it. This startled me and I instantly pulled back - the rifle was attached to me - and I asked what he thought he was doing because he's not taking my rifle. He then pulled his service pistol on me and told me to take my hands off the weapon and move to his car, which I complied with. He then slammed me into the hood of his car and I remembered I had a camera on me (one of the requirements of the hiking merit badge is to document your hikes). This video is the rest of that encounter. Up to this point, I am not told why I am being stopped, why he tried to disarm me, or even that I'm under arrest.
We did not set out that Saturday morning to "make a point" or cause problems. Our goal was to complete a 10-mile hike and return home without incident. My son chose a route that away from populated areas but near our home.
The arresting officer is Officer Steve Ermis and the supervisor is Sergeant Minnicks of the Temple Police Department.
If you agree this was a gross act of exceeded authority, please help me fight these charges: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/2nd-amendment-legal-defense-fund/x/2679348
http://m.youtube.com/?reason=8&rdm=4014#/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A8r4MK3R4PI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DA8r4MK3R4PI%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded
http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=274366

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

First I am a firm believer of the 2nd amendment. But I don't belive the officer in this case did anything wrong. They responded to a call of a person with a weapon. The officer has ever right to secure your weapon for his safety as well as that of the public while conducting an investigation. You sir in my opionion were not very cooperative and I do believe you should have been detained and charged with resisting arrest. If you would have just cooperated with the officer I am sure you would have been on your way after he did his field investigation. But you didn't heck you even told the officer to "SHUT UP" I am talking with the sergeant. No sir you are wrong. What kind of message does this send to your son.
Again I am a firm believer in the 2nd amendent and I am a republican, but sir you were wrong in this case not the officer.

Anonymous said...

this is why people hate and kill cops.....right there..fat piece of shit mother fucker

Anonymous said...

MR. ANON AT 10:28 ....FIRST OFF ...ARE YOU ON DRUGS? I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST WROTE THIS? ARE YOU ONE OF THE BAD GUYS (CABAL) THIS MAN HAS EVERY RIGHT TO CARRY A WEAPON, AS OUR 2ND AMMENDMENT SAYS SO. THE POLICE OFFICER ACTED LIKE A NAZI SS. IF I WAS THE OFFICERS BOSS THEY WOULD BOTH BE OUT OF WORK FOR INTERFERRING WITH A CITIZEN ON A HIKE. THIS KIND OF BS WILL BE WHAT FINALLY STARTS OUR 2ND REVOLUTION.... THESE KINDS OF GESTOPO POLICEMEN BETTER DECIDE WHICH SIDE OF THE LINE THEY WANT TO BE ON. IF THEY TAKE THE WRONG SIDE THEY WILL BE HISTORY. THE COUNTRY IS NOT GOING TO TAKE MUCH MORE CRAP FROM THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE A CLUE AND RESPOND LIKE THIS.

Unknown said...

I believe that arresting cop won the donut eating competition three years in a row, show some respect.

Unknown said...

I guess it was routine to follow up on the call but this arresting officer took it away to far,,very unprofessional and he made it on camera for the world to see. To bad war vet your son had to witness that, where is this country going? Theses cops have to much power given to themby the UNITED.

Anonymous said...

I would say those cops are real lucky he did not defend himself. They might both be around today. Any soldier knows you never surrender your weapon as it may be used against you and follow soldiers immediately.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I REMEMBER!! I have been following OPPT since dec 26th, and i never "got it" the "doing" and the "BE'ing". However I kept listening and feeling there was something I was supposed to be learning from it. It wasn't until today after seeing this video did I understand the whole concept of OPPT and started to remember.

This man and his boy, was doing and being, who they wanted to do and be. HARMING NO ONE!. what he was doing was neither right or wrong. he was just being and doing who he wanted to be and doing what he wanted to do.

The police, were also neither right or wrong. They were still playing by the script. Following the rules of the game. 1) a man carrying a gun should be feared 2) believing that they had the authority to stop someone from doing and being, even if they were not harming anyone.

I could tell by the cops reaction that they did not have a script to answer the questions the man was asking. So they went by the script and arrested him.

Also NOTE: at the beginning they were pointing fingers at each other stating that both cop and man could be a person who would harm the other. At the end the man stated to his son that he had no reason to be afraid of the cops....I predict that the cops will feel the same and the charges dropped.

Unknown said...

Cop was wrong ! That state allows the citizen in good Benoit to have a rifle slung !

Unknown said...

The law is clear ! The cop was not being honest ! He treated the knowledgable law abiding soldier in a brutish manner !

Anonymous said...

In texas open carry is the law. And no license is required for rifles and shotguns. He was within his legal rights to carry it openly. Under texan law he can not me arrested for carrying a weapon without doing anything else. Its the same in indiana.

Anonymous said...

there is noresisting arrest unless there is acrime. What wasthe crime that he is charged with? The officer was out of bounds on this one.

Unknown said...

quote-MR. ANON AT 10:28 ....FIRST OFF ...ARE YOU ON DRUGS? I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST WROTE THIS? ARE YOU ONE OF THE BAD GUYS (CABAL) THIS MAN HAS EVERY RIGHT TO CARRY A WEAPON, AS OUR 2ND AMMENDMENT SAYS SO. THE POLICE OFFICER ACTED LIKE A NAZI SS. quote.
I BELIEVE THIS SEEZ IT ALL

Anonymous said...

This is the police state that the Bush administration created with Patriot Act and the Department of Homeland Security. This man is reaping what your fearful 'patriotism' has sown.

Anonymous said...

what can i do to help you , I am in boulder and can help lawyer fees at anything else

Anonymous said...

Bullshit like this that pisses me off, cops need to get a fuckin clue or end up shot.