Saturday, April 19, 2014

Snowden is honest

Apr 19 2014

Snowden is honest

Snowden is obviously honest and possibly a little stupid

I have figured out many things wrong with the government in Mexico, and am not stupid enough to mention them. They are not wanting me jailed or dead, and there is such a thing as biting the hand that feeds you . . . . . .
Snowden needs to learn when to shut up. Perhaps he will a little too late.
Putin pulled a big publicity stunt, where he said Russia does not monitor it's citizens the same way the NSA does, and that mails and calls are not recorded, censored or whatever else the NSA does to American citizens. And Snowden called B.S. with the following statement:
"I was surprised that people who witnessed me risk my life to expose the surveillance practices of my own country could not believe that I might also criticise the surveillance policies of Russia, a country to which I have sworn no allegiance, without ulterior motive. I regret that my question could be misinterpreted, and that it enabled many to ignore the substance of the question – and Putin’s evasive response – in order to speculate, wildly and incorrectly, about my motives for asking it.
The investigative journalist Andrei Soldatov, perhaps the single most prominent critic of Russia’s surveillance apparatus (and someone who has repeatedly criticised me in the past year), described my question as “extremely important for Russia”. It could, he said, “lift a de facto ban on public conversations about state eavesdropping.
I blew the whistle on the NSA’s surveillance practices not because I believed that the United States was uniquely at fault, but because I believe that mass surveillance of innocents – the construction of enormous, state-run surveillance time machines that can turn back the clock on the most intimate details of our lives – is a threat to all people, everywhere, no matter who runs them."
Though I agree with Snowden's position, there is such a thing as saying enough and not stirring the hornet's nest. Let's see where Snowden ends up next.

http://www.jimstonefreelance.com/

No comments: