Monday, December 8, 2014

My Dance With Cancer

AND HOW HE BEAT IT....
A STORY OF HOPE AND ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING OVER CANCER....
SOMEONE MAY HAVE CANCER SO PASS IT OUT SO OTHERS CAN SHARE YOU MAY SAVE A LIFE......
  
Why I Am Doing This!
I am not sure. Just seems to be the thing to do. I suppose as this site starts to solidify, and I begin to understand who I am becoming, I will have a definite opinion on  ”Why I Am Doing This!” In the meantime, I am still amazed  at what happened. I was diagnosed with class IV Aggressive Prostate cancer that spread to the bones. This is my story of what I did and how I handled (or did not handle) this devastating blow to the person I thought I was. You will see more than just a protocol of how I used baking soda.

Do You Want to Live?!!!

Read this and you might get some ideas on how to kill cancer. More importantly, you might live! Do you want to live?
*  *  *
I didn’t know. I didn’t know that life could be so great. I really didn’t. . . Vito
This is just the beginning of this dance. When it is over it is not over. The music still calls me to do more ‘things’ and to continue to right my body to its natural state of Health and Well-Being.
“Everybody else has a ‘ battle with cancer’ or at least ‘ a fight’ – you choose to dance with the crab which has a dark yet optimistic elegance.”
 .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
Announcement: After receiving many request from others asking for a book by me, it, the book is ready. Writing “After the Jolt” has given me the chance to express my experiences in greater detail and to share the knowledge and insights that I have gained since the time of my diagnosis and from all those thousands of cancer stories and questions I have fielded over the past 5 plus years. In the book I go into greater detail with the powerful healing methods of deep breathing, relaxation, alkaline diet, and visualization/meditation/prayer. I have also clarified and updated the original protocol, included the details of three others who have had success with their own versions of the original protocol, and I answer many more questions in a much more concise and organized manner. You will see many success stories from others.

Here is a free sample that my son Jai and I have worked up for all those interested in taking a closer look:

SAMPLE JOLT BOOK COVER

Right Click Sample Book Icon and select “Save Link As” to download the Sample Book to your computer

or Left Click Sample Book Icon to read now.

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .

The Dance Begins


Dear Son…”I am coming to Hawaii. Shall I bring a tent or buy one there?”
Dear Dad…”Don’t bother with a tent. I am caretaking a place and there is a vacant cabin just for you.”
Well, I went to Hawaii and had one adventure after another. Including camping, fire dancing, getting in between a battle between growers and rippers, announcing a couple man and wife at a gathering, learning Hawaiian fruits and hunting them, living in cabins, house sitting, trip to India, two visits from my wife, getting to know my son, and much much more.
One adventure I was not prepared for was a devastating visit to a doctor after my return from a trip to India. Previously, I was struggling with some other health news concerning my heart, but this one…this one was the ‘killer’.  It put me to the test.
I had passed the test in India where I made a $30.00 symbolic gesture for life by deciding to have a tooth filled instead of continuing the attitude “I am dead anyway, so why fix anything”. That was huge! And I needed it to carry me through what was waiting for me. I am crying now just thinking about what happened.
A PSA test which registered 22.3 raised some huge flags. The doctors made appointments for a biopsy.  Which, if you never had one make sure they numb your prostate.
Because I swear after the 8th bite from that jaw-headed needle springing into my prostate to grab a bit of flesh it was not my prostate that was numbed. It was someone else’s.  When I yelled out “the F word!” on the ninth hit the ‘torture team’ decided they had enough samples. They had wanted 12.
The biopsy report indicated that I did indeed have prostate cancer. This called for the next step – a bone scan. That scan was like a trip into space. I laid myself onto this bedded slab which guided my ‘bones’ into that picture-taking-oversized-donut. The report from this scan as well as a Pelvic Cat Scan is where the doctors decided I was afflicted with aggressive prostate cancer. In their technical terms they described it on the report dated 17Mar 2008:
“Reviewed CT and bone scan. Bone scan showed metastatic disease at R sacrum and L illiac wing”.
So…they patted me on the back and told me I had aggressive prostate cancer that has spread to the bone. I felt bad for the young doctor who was from North Carolina. He felt bad for me and did not know how to express it.
Me…I didn’t know how to express it either. This was a whole new gig. On my walk away from the doctors,  I felt my eyes welling up. On my return flight to Hilo from Honolulu I wish I had sun glasses.
My primary care physician (bless her heart) decided to get a second opinion even though a team of doctors already diagnosed me. She sent me to an Oncologist. This is what he said on the report:
“Ancillary Studies: These are largely mentioned in the history of present illness. The pathology confirms the presence of prostate carcinoma of high grade. The T stage would appear to be stage III but without obvious invasion into the seminal vesicles on CT scan. The radionuclide bone scan and plain films confirm the presence of skeletal metastasis in the sacrum and the left illium. In addition, on my review of the CT scan of the pelvis, a number of other small sclerotic lesions are noted within the pelvis. Pre-treatment PSA was 22 but has decreased to 5.88 after institution of Finasteride and Casodex. TNM classification, T#NXM1. AJCC stage IV.”
(What? Stage IV? Is that what I think it says? There is no Stage V)
He went on to discuss with me possible and improbable treatments. What he basically said is that there are none. In fact, he mentioned that he even found a few more spots that the first team of doctors missed.
Lucky me! At least he told me that I shouldn’t be buying my coffin just yet. You see…I had no idea what bone cancer was suppose to mean to me.  When the first set of doctors informed me that I had  prostate cancer that had spread to the bones, I didn’t know if that meant my bones were going to melt away or what.
In any event, I left this doctor feeling better. Not because I was happy with the diagnosis’s. But because  he, at least, explained a few things to me that the other doctor did not. Plus I was becoming used to the fact that I was a dead man walking. Hahaha!
Well….I found out that my muscles weren’t going to fall off my bones. I did get a lot of warnings about pain. Never the less, this story continues.
Even though I was feeling better with this new information, I was still devastated.  The Dance had begun, and I don’t know if I was a willing partner or not. I was just too numb! Numb as in “I felt like my Soul was sucked out of me.”
Now I am going to fast forward here a little bit.  You don’t need to know or experience how empty I felt. So I am jumping ahead to Oregon.
Somehow through some miracle, my son, who lives in Las Vegas, mentioned to me something about pH and how pH affects the body. Now this grateful information I got from my son did not get to me as I was leaving the doctor’s office. It came to me after I left Hawaii.
Even though it seemed incidental at the time, having my tooth filled in India planted a seed in me that, unbeknownst to me, would carry in it  a desire to live.
I let the pH info I got from my son incubate for a few days before I did any pH research. The research  lead to Cesium Therapy. Cesium is a mineral, that according to internet studies, likes to eat up cancer. It attacks the tumor from the inside out. And of course, it is highly alkaline.
I was anxious to become friends with cesium. I had nothing to lose. I do not and did not care what the naysayers say. I wanted to do something. So Cesium it was! But wait…the cesium got lost in the mail. Oh crap, now what do I do? Wait for a reshipment? No…Can’t do that. I am on a roll; need to do something quickly. The next allopathic test is around the corner.
That is when I decided to try baking soda. It was something that I ran across on the internet that suggested  that it too would raise my body’s pH. Now both of these pH raising substances did not indicate they would be successful in killing bone cancer. Quite the contrary! The research indicated neither would help get rid of bone cancer. So, I decided to add a twist. I added Black Strap Molasses as the carrier.
Long story short. I did it. I drank a baking soda solution   I started 2 June 2008 and quit 12 June 2008. I quit because I was scheduled for another bone scan on 13 June 2008. They wanted to see how far that doctors’ thing spread or if what they were doing has slowed it down.
I have to mention here that at this ‘baking soda’ point in this adventure I am not in Hawaii. My sibling family in Oregon rallied around me and invited me to come ‘home’ to them. They wanted to keep an eye on me; be there for me; and give me love. My real thoughts were, “I am going home to die.”
Plus, the VA Hospital in Portland was close by. At least I wouldn’t have to make that Hawaiian Island to Island jump to get more bad news.
My son in Hawaii, who I was having the absolute most fun with was crushed that I would leave. He brought me to tears when he said, “Dad, stay with me. I will do what it takes to take care of you. I will get another job. Two if I have to”. Believe me that took me over the edge. Again, this cry baby, is crying while I write this.
But I thought it best to go to Oregon. Especially when my brother promised me that he would play Backgammon with me (I love that game).  I felt I was soon to be a burden and did not want my son to be part of that. It is more complicated than that, but I did what I thought best.
So back to the follow-up bone scan (I am in Oregon now)…. I went through another space ride through a fat donut once more. This time, however, I was hoping for hope. I don’t know why I was hoping, because all my research indicated that once cancer got into the bones you are toast. Anyway, I got bone scanned and waited for the report. The report arrived in the mail a few days later.  I was nervous and did not want to open it. As a matter of fact I am crying right now just thinking about it. I finally opened it to these words:
“NO CONVINCING EVIDENCE OF AN OSSEOUS METASTATIC PROCESS”
I bawled like a baby.
Two days later I got another report in the mail about my blood tests: PSA is now 0.1…. That is zero point one!
Do I have a conclusion? No I don’t. I just told you some of my story……Vernon
PS: Where is the Cesium? It finally showed up around 11 June 2008. Will I take it? Yes, in a heartbeat. When? When I decide! And I decided to a few weeks later, but that is just a part of this continuing story.
Sometimes I describe this adventure as “Being Hit by a Rainbow.” You may ask what does this have to do with being hit by a rainbow. Well…I describe any thing good or miraculous as being hit by a rainbow. My son turning me onto adjusting the body’s pH from acidic to alkaline as a possible way to create some hope was a good hit. I did not act right away on the pH factor, but within a few days I was busy on my Asus laptop googling away.
My sibling family bribing me out of Hawaii to come to Oregon was another rainbow hit. By the way, my brother promising to play backgammon with me – that was a ruse. He just said that because I was not initially excited about leaving Hawaii. In fact, I was not excited about anything. He wanted me to be close by, so he lied to me about playing backgammon. He hates backgammon. His goal (thank you brother) was to get me to his house.
One of my sister’s sending me a good chunk of travel money was definitely rainbow mterial. Probably more like a pot of gold hitting me. She also corresponded or called me almost daily. How nice is that!
In any case, those were just a few of the getting-smacked-around-by-a-rainbow things. But the Baking Soda was a big one. Arm and Hammer to the rescue! I later found out that Arm and Hammer is shunned by some baking soda users because of the idea that it has aluminum in it. Well, at the time, I could have cared less. Hey man, my body is hanging on to some pretty corrupt bones. What would you do?
As I later found out from research and a visit to a natural food store, aluminum is not in baking soda, It is in baking powder. The employee specializing in the vitamin and mineral department said that  Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder is aluminum free and so is, as far as she knows, all baking soda brands. Oh crap! I am sure there will be discussion on that.
Speaking of baking soda I am sure many people are interested to know what proportions of baking soda I used with the molasses. As a matter of fact I am sure of it, because invariably that questions pops up when I speak about baking soda and my dance with cancer.
Thank all the gods that I took notes. Larry of Stocko fame (and a true Rainbow) on one of the Yahoo Cesium groups drilled into me the necessity of good notes. He told me that it is for my good and for the good of others. Good for me especially if I live. Larry, by the way, was instrumental in providing me with information. You see he and his wife have had some some of their own experiences with cancer. It is quite a story.
I met Larry while researching cesium. He was very helpful. I was lucky to have his experience. He was definitely rainbow material and cesium at the time was my focus. Larry sent me website after website loaded with natural cures. I cannot pretend that I read them all, but I did cruise through a few of them while waiting for my cesium to arrive.
Well, like I mentioned earlier, the cesium got lost in the mail. Most people would think that sucked, but not me. It was another rainbow miracle because it opened the door for baking soda to get itself busy alkalizing my body.


No comments: